OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES
1) Each raffle ticket will be sold for $100 and can be purchased and paid for through the raffle link on the website, via check payable to St. Theresa Catholic School or cash. The first prize winner can choose between a 2019 Mercedes Benz CLA 250 or $25,000 cash prize. The second prize will be awarded $10,000. The Committee Member or Individual who sells the most tickets, will be awarded $5,000 if all 1,000 tickets are sold.
2) In the event less than 500 tickets are sold during the car/cash raffle sales duration, a 50/50 cash split of the proceeds, after raffle expenses, will be given as a prize. The second prize will only be awarded is 900 raffle tickets are sold.
3) Each purchaser of a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years old and either one individual’s name or group may be associated with each ticket. All federal, state and local rules shall apply to the raffle. Tickets may be purchased by e-mail from the raffle web link, via an STS Gala Committee member or at the St. Theresa Catholic School office. Payments for online tickets may only be by credit or debit card. Any credit or debit card payment that is denied shall disqualify the pending purchase and any ticket issued for such purchase will be forfeited by the purchaser. All online ticket sales shall be via the internet at the raffle website, www.stsgala.org. All e-mail communications will be sent to the e-mail address provided by a purchaser as part of the purchase. Such communications shall include purchase confirmation. Purchaser is required to provide to the St. Theresa Catholic School (“Raffle Sponsor”) a valid, functioning e-mail address and mailing address. The Raffle Sponsor, its processing agent and their respective directors, officers, and members assume no responsibility for incorrect, invalid, terminated or non-functioning e-mail or mailing addresses or lost, incomplete, late, illegible, or undelivered entries or entries without complete, acceptable payment.
4) By submitting an entry, each purchaser acknowledges having read and agreed to abide by these Official Raffle Rules.
5) Once a ticket has been purchased, it is non-refundable except in event the raffle is cancelled in accordance with the raffle regulations of the Florida Secretary of State. Although a ticket may be transferred, the Raffle Sponsor shall communicate only with the ticket purchaser as shown on its records until proof of the ticket transfer is provided to the Raffle Sponsor. Any transferee of a ticket must be eligible under these Rules in order to win under any drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold. Tickets are not limited per person, participants can purchase more than one ticket. The maximum number of tickets sold is 1,000. For example, the odds of winning the car would be 1:1,000 if 1,000 tickets are sold. If all tickets are sold, the odds of winning are 1:1,000 if an individual ticket is purchased. Your odds increase the more tickets you purchase.
6) The first prize winner will receive title to the prize, subject to all applicable taxes and delivery fees. Title to the car prize will be clear of any debt or financing liens.
7) Each ticket shall be sequentially numbered from the first ticket sold through the last ticket number sold. The raffle period shall be from the date the first ticket is sold, October 18, 2018 through February 9, 2019. Online ticket sales will be closed at any time before the drawing if the tickets sell out. The drawing will be held on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at The Coral Gables Country Club, Coral Gables. Ticket purchase deadlines, and drawing dates, times and locations, may be extended or changed at the Raffle Sponsor’s discretion, subject to approval of the Florida Secretary of State.
8) Each online purchaser will be sent a receipt via e-mail. The original printed raffle ticket can be retained at the St. Theresa Catholic School main office or directly from any STS Gala Committee Member. The stub will be entered into the drawing along with the stubs of all other tickets sold. U.S. Postal regulations prohibit the mailing of raffle tickets.
9) At the raffle drawing, the winning raffle ticket stub shall be chosen by picking it from a large container containing all ticket stubs, thoroughly mixed. The drawing shall take place at the St. Theresa Catholic School Annual Gala at The Coral Gables Country Club on Saturday, February 9, 2019. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing to win.
10) The holders of the winning ticket shall be notified by telephone and/or e-mail provided by the purchaser if not present at the time of the drawing. The winning ticket number and name of the winner and their respective cities (but not addresses) shall also be placed on the Raffle web site immediately after the drawing. This information may also be publicized in other media.
11) The winner of the drawing shall be required to provide the Raffle Sponsor with a signed statement confirming their eligibility under these Rules and applicable law, proof of age and social security number, and a release confirming the Raffle Sponsor’s permission to use the winner’s name, city, state, and likeness in media releases and other publicity.
12) As a general matter, federal and state income tax can be from 25% to 40% of the value of the raffle prize. Please consult with your own tax advisor. The winner will be entirely and solely responsible for paying any such taxes.
13) The prize will be awarded in its then present condition with a full manufacturer’s warranty. This is a new car, but may have delivery miles on the odometer due to its transport to ticket selling venues around Miami-Dade County during the raffle period.
14) Purchasers of tickets, by participating in the raffle, release the Raffle Sponsor, its directors, officers, members and agents from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of any raffle prize, expressly waive any such claim and agree that the liability, if any, of the Raffle Sponsor, its directors, officers, members and agents shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. In case of any dispute regarding the conduct of the raffle, the decision of the Raffle Sponsor shall be final. The courts of Miami-Dade County, Florida shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute concerning the raffle.
15) Rules can be updated at any time and all decisions made by the Raffle committee are final.